Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gravity is your friend.

So since all my younger cooler siblings have blogs, I felt I needed to have a blog also. I am going to start simple and work my way up to more complex stories.This morning like all mornings, we woke up at 7:00am, trying to get the kids to school before the get a "Tardy Party" at 8:15. Caleb the only one who does not go to school wakes up right away, and is dressed and downstairs first. Calvin and Sadie have glue that seems to permantly connect them to the bed in the morning. Every day I marvel that they get up, get a lunch(es), and snacks packed and to school in time. Especially when I see the bus driving by without my kids, and they are still both upstairs asleep.Sadie came downstairs and said, "Dad, you woke me up, and then left my room, so I just feel back asleep." Obviously being in second grade the whole school thing is new enough that she forgot she is supposed to get dressed.The one shinning ray of light in the whole situation is that the school is downhill from our house. We can leave on our bikes a few minutes after 8, and coast into school just about 8:10am. Gravity is your friend. (except on the way home.)

1 comment:

  1. Hate to tell you this, but it might never get better. I would have not passed sophomore year seminary, if dad didn't wake me up every day, multiple times. I have no idea how I made it to seminary once I started driving, and dad started working out of town.

    ReplyDelete