Thursday, February 19, 2009

80's Mormon experience

So I did not expect to post a second time today, but I wanted to share a story from church on Sunday. Someone made the comment that they came to church because their father made them.

This reminded me of growing up, and watching a VHS recording of a play performed by some group that as kids we would watch regularly on sunday. We had a very complex a strict rules about what we could and could not watch on TV on Sunday. This was one of the ones that we could, so I think we watched it often. (unfortunately, this gem is not even listed on the Internet movie Database, but is listed here)

Anyway, the plot has this missionary who is serving, and one of his companion complains he is only on his mission because his father sent him. (This was pre-raising the bar days.) He quotes the scripture 3 nephi 27

I quote this scripture not because I remember the scripture but because I remember the play from the 80's.

In another post, I may discuss how a college roomate had the theory that the 80's were the pinacle of Music, and Media, both in and out of the Church. (U2 was a big part of his arguement.)

No comments:

Post a Comment